Friday, March 1, 2013

Gluten Free Beef Teriyaki and Rice

 
 Last night was one of those nights where I had to go to the freezer and pantry and use what I had there because I needed a fast easy and delicious dinner. I had frozen  vegetables, rice and ground beef, so I made Gluten Free Beef Teriyaki and rice. It was wonderful and the husband loved it which is a big plus to any recipe. Truth be told I spent most of the day finishing a baby afghan and wrist warmers so I had completely forgotten about dinner so had to have a fast solution. If you ever find yourself needing something good and quick give it a try.

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 pkg frozen Vegetable Medley ( mine had the mix of broccoli, red peppers, and green beans)
1 cup cooked rice
1 13.5 oz bottle of Island Organic Teriyaki from Organiville Foods. They have two different gluten free teriyaki sauces and either one would be great for this dish. http://organicvillefoods.com/category/products/teriyaki-sauces/

Directions:
Brown  ground beef in large skillet and drain. While browning the ground beef cook your cup of rice. I cooked mine in a rice cooker which made it really easy. Also cook the frozen vegetables while browning the meat. Add the frozen vegetables, rice and bottle of teriyaki to skillet, mix well lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes or till all is heated through and the flavors have mix in well.
Serve with more rice or with a salad and you have a great meal.

Now that you have a fast dinner to fix you can do like I did and crochet away. The pattern for both the wristers and baby afghan will be posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment