Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Crocheted Cross Bookmark and Potholder update

Just thought I would update you on the crocheted cross bookmarks that I am selling and money going to the missions at our church. As of today I have sold 135 and just got an order for 20 more. So this endeavor is going great.

I was able to give 18 potholders and dishcloths I was doing to the place that helps homeless families have a place to live and get back on their feet. They are opening something like 16 apartments and so I still have more to do. I have another 5 done now and still working on them. Here is a picture and pattern for one of the dishcloths and potholders I made.

The pattern for hot pad:
Materials 100% cotton
H crochet hook

Instructions
make 2
ch 27
Row 1 sc in 2nd ch from hk, (dc in next ch, sc in next c)h, repeat across to end ch 1 turn (26 st)
Row 2 sc in first dc, dc in sc, sc in dc continue in pattern to end ch 1 turn
Row 3-20 repeat row 2 at end of row 20 fasten off and weave in ends
Hold the two pieces together and attach cotton in one corner with a sl st. Matching st and going through pieces sc evenly across all sides making 3 sc in ea corner. sl st to first sc ch 10 sl in first ch of ch 10 for hanger and finish off weave in ends

Dishcloth
Materials
100% crochet cotton
H hook
Instructions
ch 33
Row 1 sc in 2nd ch from hk, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, tr in next ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch. repeat across to end ending with a tr in last ch ch 1 turn
Row 2 sc in bl of tr, hdc in bl of dc, dc in bl of hdc, tr in bl of sc, repeat across ending with tr in bl of sc ch 1 turn
Row 3 repeat row 2 to desired size finish off and weave in ends.
here is a picture of dishcloth

These are simple to do and can make many easily.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this pattern. I am hoping to make a bunch as presents for this year. This looks like just the thing for me. Take care

    ReplyDelete