Friday, June 12, 2009

Gluten and Corn free Spicey Hamburger Rice Dish

We are always looking for ways to change up what we eat because I have to not eat any gluten or corn. My husband came up with this recipe and we really like it. It can be used by itself or with a salad or as a filling for stuffed green bell peppers.
Ingredients are:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 jar Jumping Jacks Mild Salsa ( you can use any salsa of your choice this one is gluten and corn free and is made by my brother)
10 oz of long grain white rice ( we used Rice Expressions organic white rice that is microwaveable)
Shredded cheddar cheese to your liking

Cooking:
Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain. Cook the rice as it says to. Now to ground beef add the rice and jar of salsa and cook till salsa is warm and ingredients are mixed well. Add the shredded cheese to taste stirring until melted. Serve up and add more shredded cheese to top. Makes a large serving for two if you are hungry. It is a great way to change things up. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made this but it does sound simple and very good. With my MS I have trouble with certain foods but I think I could do this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete