Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pretty in Pink Afghan

I have found when you need an afghan in a hurry that this pattern is the easiest that still has some flare to it. My daughter needed a baby afghan for a co worker and I needed to get it done fast so since she was having a girl I did it in two colors of pink. This pattern works for hot pads and dishcloths and washcloths as well as scarfs. Anything you want to be done fast and look good too.

Material:
1 skein red heart pink
1 skein baby rose pink
K hook

Instructions:
ch 131
Row 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, trc in next ch, dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, sc in next ch repeat in this pattern across ending with trc in last ch. ch1 turn
Row 2 sc in top of trc, hdc in top of dc, dc in top of hdc, trc in top of sc, dc in top of hdc, hdc in top of dc, sc in top of trc. repeat across.
Row 3-66 repeat row 1-2 at end of row 66 finish off. weave in end


On my baby afghan I started with the lighter baby rose pink for first 9 rows then switched to pink and then did the baby rose pink for last 9 rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment