Thursday, May 29, 2014

TBT Old Family Recipe Egg Noodle Recipe



My Grandma Snodgrass's Egg Noodle Recipe




This recipe was one handed down from my Grandma's mother to my Grandma to my Mom to me to my Kids to my Grandkids. We had these noodles every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was always so much fun to go over and help Grandma and Mom make the noodles. I have a lot of great memories of being together, getting flour all over all the while laughing while  mixing, rolling and cutting up the noodles. When Grandma got where she couldn't do it anymore she sat there and supervised the rest of us doing them. This was a family tradition and one I was glad to pass on to my kids and grandkids. No as everyone has grown up and it's harder to get together before Thanksgiving to make these they buy store bought noodles but they are not the same and we don't have the memories we did back when we got together to make them for the holidays. I would never trade the time we spent together making egg noodles. This recipe is in my Mom's hand writing because Grandma didn't write down a recipe. As we did it you just knew if you had enough water and flour and it just became something you did from habit. Mom wrote it down so that it could be passed on to others in the family and I am using it today as my throwback Thursday post.

Always cherish the family traditions and make sure to share the times, stories and make new memories as the next generations come along.

This is Grandma Mattie Snodgrass in the Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment